Over many years we have built outstanding technological knowledge.
Since qualified personnel are needed to assure long term quality to our customers, we at KMI believe in continuous professional training sessions to be able to assure highest innovative products to all our customers.
Working at KMI
Kings Mountain Intl. is a manufacturing company and unique to the industry of metal processing of steel and various metals for the Laminating and Aero-space industries. As our business is growing, we are seeking to hire additional employees, who have a stable work history with a record of good attendance!
To complete our application process, all applicants must submit a completed application and all federally required self-ID forms. Please complete and submit the Job Application below or visit our plant Monday -Friday 8am to 4pm. Kings Mountain International offers competitive pay and benefits.
1st Shift (6am to 2pm)
Kings Mountain International, Inc. in Kings Mountain, NC, is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic for 1st shift. Kings Mountain Intl. is a manufacturing company and unique to the industry of metal processing of steel and various metals for the Laminating and Aero-space industries. We are seeking someone with the ability to install, build, repair, and troubleshoot industrial equipment mechanically and electrically. The ideal candidate will be a good communicator with knowledge of industrial maintenance in a manufacturing environment. We are seeking to hire someone who has a stable work history!
Summary of Position: Makes various facility and equipment repairs, preventative maintenance on machines as instructed. Works safely and productively.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Coordinates and performs a variety of functions, including maintaining inventory, trouble-shooting and repairing machines, facilities maintenance on building and grounds.
- Installs, constructs, alters framework, partitions, shelving, guards, brackets, heating, lighting, and plumbing facilities, etc., and maintains in good repair all types of machinery and equipment.
- Builds new equipment or machines and installs same, working from sketches and blueprints. Moves heavy machinery, secures in place, runs electric conduit, power and pipe systems.
- Performs all of the various operations to accomplish the functions listed, such as: welding, pipefitting, etc. Performs related work such as fabricating simple parts, brackets, etc., cutting serrations in contact rolls, maintaining a supply of common replacement parts, etc.
- Competently uses various hand tools, drill press, grinder, portable power tools, meters, acetylene or arc welders, ladders and similar general-purpose equipment.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair mechanical and electrical issues with equipment.
- Be the back-up to the Maintenance Mechanic Lead, when necessary.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to work 1st shift (6am to 2pm) with some overtime required to include Saturday/Sunday and must be able to report to work earlier than 6am if required,
- Be at least 18 years old,
- Have a High School Diploma or GED,
- Prefer two to three-year Technical training,
- Prefer two years of electrical training,
- At least thirty-six months industrial maintenance, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and/or move up to 50 to 100 pounds occasionally. Must be able to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl frequently.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have a stable work history, and
- Pass a Drug Test.
If interested in this great opportunity, you need to complete our application process. All applicants are required to submit a completed application, and all federal required self-ID forms. You will find these forms on our website www.kmiinc.net under the “Career” tab then “Opportunities”. Please follow the instructions to complete the Application forms at the bottom of the page. Or visit our plant Tuesday – Friday, 7am to 1pm, or call 704-739-4227 ext. 146 or ask for Lea. Kings Mountain International offers competitive pay and benefits.
Kings Mountain International is an Equal Opportunity
and an Affirmative Action Employer
Drug Free Workplace
Follow instruction below to apply.
- If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC already installed, click here to Download it. The forms must be opened and submitted within the Adobe Reader program and not in a web browser. If the form is opened in a web browser, save it to the desktop first.
- Once it is installed, locate the saved form to open in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and fill it out.
- When all forms are completed, click the SUBMIT form button at the bottom of the form. This will open up a dialougue box that allows you to choose to send it through Outlook or through a web email such as Gmail.
- Once you have selected how you are sending the documents, you will see the Application & Self ID forms attached to the email in your chosen email program.
- Then click SEND.
- We will get back to you once we receive it to let you know it has been received.
Please email your resume indicating the position for which you are applying to Jobs@kmiinc.net Thank You!
Kings Mountain International is an Equal Opportunity, Drug Free Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
Download the “EEO is THE LAW” document
Competitive benefits to include health, vision, dental, short term disability, and 401-K, etc.
Application process includes completing a KMI Employment Application and three required Self-ID forms (you may indicate on the forms that you decline to answer).
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website at kmiinc.net as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 1-704-739-4227 ext. 146 or ext. 130. Thanks for your interest in Kings Mountain International.